|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
The Tax Cuts Jobs Act rips the alimony deduction out from under some and very much endangers it for others. And, there's a whole lot more to it than before. Nothing can be taken for granted by the planner or tax preparer. One must know what to look for and move intelligently forward.
- To learn the wholly new playing field for divorce planning in general
- To learn the tax compliance challenges which face every tax preparer with divorced, separated or divorcing clients
- No more deduction for divorce or separation instruments executed after 2018
- But, what does "executed" mean anyway?
- How prior negotiated alimony might be dragged into the soup
- How pre- and post-nups might be drowning in the soup
- How not to get the soup knocked out of you economically
- With dependency exemptions gone, what is the new playing field?
- How property settlements ring so differently than before
- Do old agreements deserve a new look? Oh, how they might
- How the fruit basket has been upset and fruit is flying everywhere
- Don't leave home without knowing how to not get your head handed to you
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.