|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Every professional faces situations and scenarios where they feel their independence and objectivity related to an issue is impaired. They may feel pressured by management to minimize their report findings or, in some cases, look the other way. When these situations occur, professionals are faced with the dilemma of "what do I do?" or "how do I handle this situation?". These are the types of scenarios for which our university programs and business schools do not adequately prepare us. Experience can often be a good teacher. However, all individuals should be armed with some basic concepts that will prepare them to choose the right path when such difficult situations occur. This course is designed to prepare professionals for those difficult situations by sharing key concepts to maintaining objectivity. After completing this course, you should understand how to ensure your work can be represented as independent and objective, and ultimately provide the greatest risk mitigation to your company.
- Explore the requirements of professional skepticism
- Explore the rules defining independent roles
- Identify the difference between legality and ethics
- Explore the top five techniques to execute independence
- Explore the top five techniques to assist when employing objectivity
- Recognize what to do when management challenges you
- Introduction to maintaining objectivity and professional skepticism
- Objectivity vs. independence
- Techniques to ensure independence
- How objective are you?
- Objectivity actions
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.