|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
The rules of ASC 740 for income taxes outline expenses, disclosures and classifications of deferred tax accounts. We review study examples and apply the latest information on the effects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which affects deferred taxes.
CPAs in public practice and their tax staff as well as those in business and industry working as controllers, accountants, and other financial accounting personnel involved in financial statement preparation and review
Review the basics of accounting for deferred income taxes and "other comprehensive income" for purposes of GAAP:
- Survey the accounting issues raised by the Tax Cut and Jobs Act
- Become familiar with FASB Accounting Standards Update 2018-2 and its impact on accounting for deferred income taxes
- Consider the relevance of deferred income taxes in the context of mergers and acquisitions (Case Study)
Deferred Tax Asset Backgrounder:
- Accounting Issues Raised by the Tax Cut and Jobs Act
- FASB Accounting Standards Update 2018-2
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.