|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
It's not too late to panic! FASB's Topic 606 on revenue recognition supersedes nearly all current revenue recognition provisions, including industry-specific guidelines, and replaces it with a more principles-based approach, which is now a five-step process. The new standard was effective for public companies in January 2018 and is now effective for private companies in 2019. Now is the time to dig in and start getting up to speed on these critically important issues. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
Practitioners and members in industry seeking an introduction to the new revenue recognition standard and transition rules.
- Apply the new financial accounting concepts in the revenue recognition setting.
- Gain a working knowledge of accounting rules as they related to revenue recognition.
- Identify the contract(s) with a customer.
- Identify the performance obligations in the contract.
- Determine the transaction price.
- Allocate the transaction price to the performance obligations.
- Recognize revenue as the business satisfies a performance obligation.
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.