|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
A detailed analysis of the calculations related to determining an S shareholder's tax basis for S corporation shares using the Form 1120S, Schedule K-1 information. An illustrative example demonstrates how the process works, as well as the many potential pitfalls. This course qualifies for PTIN credit. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
CPAs working in public accounting firms and/or working for S corporations.
To provide a thorough review and update of the tax issues related to S corporation owner's basis from formation through operations and concluding with sale and/or liquidation.
- Discusses the calculation of basis when the entity is formed including the impact of contributed property.
- Explains the importance of shareholder loans to the entity.
- Uses a comprehensive example to illustrate the mechanics of the basis determination process.
- Discusses how basis is impacted by distributions of corporation property.
- Explains how basis is impacted by sale/or liquidation of the S corporation interest.
- Shows how to get from the Schedule K-1 information to the basis calculations.
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.