|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
*Qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit* Learn the schemes trusted employees have used over and over to commit fraud, the red flags that were missed, and how the frauds were ultimately discovered and investigated. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
CPAs, CFEs, CFOs, controllers, finance directors, internal auditors, bankers, executives, regulators, attorneys, compliance officers, risk managers
At the conclusion you will be able to.
- Understand various fraud schemes
- Recognize red flags of fraud
- Develop and implement more effective anti-fraud review and auditing processes
- Create methodologies to investigate similar frauds
This course covers the definition of fraud, red flags of fraud, and techniques that you can easily apply to prevent and detect more fraud. Daniel will take you through the methodologies his department used to investigate actual cases.
- The city finance director's check swap scheme
- The city clerk's fraudulent disbursement scheme
- The utility district manager's credit card scheme
- The utility district manager's petty cash and collections schemes
- The city clerk's payroll scheme
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.