|Full time Accounting Educator:||-169.00|
- Auditing statements, interpretations, technical practice aids and statements of position issued during the 18-month period prior to the program including a detailed analysis of the NEW “clarification” auditing standards that were formally adopted by the AICPA Auditing Standards Board
- How to perform an effective and efficient audit under the new clarification auditing standards
- Audit documentation
- Litigation traps in the auditing standards
- How to fulfill responsibility to detect fraud under the new clarification auditing standards
- Understanding and helping clients document their Internal Control under the new COSO Report on Internal Control
- Engagement efficiency strategies
This event is currently sold out. If you would like to register on a waiting list, please contact us at 503-641-7200 / 800-255-1470 ext. 3.
Walter J. Haig II, CPA, owns his own CPA firm in Creston, Washington. His experience is extensive in auditing, accounting and advisory services to family-owned businesses. He is also a highly regarded consultant in cases involving accountant's malpractice.
Haig lectures nationally in the areas of auditing, accounting, compilation and review services, personal financial statements, forecasts and projections, and personal financial planning. His skills as an instructor have won him the AICPA's Outstanding Discussion Leader Award five times and the Washington Society of CPA's Highest Rated Instructor Award six times. The Washington Society of CPA's Discussion Leader of the Year Award was named in his honor in 1990. He has been rated as the best instructor of auditing and accounting courses in more than a dozen states. In addition, he was one of the highest rated presenters at six of the AICPA annual National Auditing and Technical Symposiums. Haig is the author of eight highly rated continuing professional education courses that are presently being utilized on a national basis.
Haig has served on various AICPA and Washington Society of CPA's task forces and committees in the areas of auditing, personal financial planning and continuing education. He received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Business from the University of Colorado.