|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
This new introductory half-day Oregon and State & Local Taxation program is authored and instructed by Harriet Strothers, CPA, Delap LLP, Lake Oswego, who is recognized for her local and extensive national expertise and instruction skills in this arena. You will gain an understanding of Nexus, and Nexus requirement for apportionment and different methods for different businesses. Learn the difference between apportioned and allocated income, as well as how business/nonbusiness income is determined. You will also learn how each of the factors for property, payroll, and sales are calculated.
- Nexus defined: physical presence; economic
- Apportionment: nexus requirement for apportionment; different methods for different businesses
- The difference between apportioned and allocated income
- How business/nonbusiness income is determined
- Property Factor: what is included?; what basis is used?; when is monthly averaging necessary?; what is mobile property?; is WIP/CIP included?
- Payroll Factor: what is included?; are leased employee wages included?; what about officer’s payroll?; is there a throwback rule for payroll?
- Sales Factor: what is included?; how is it sourced?; what about non-inventory items?; what are occasional sales and how are they treated?; what are the throwback and throw-out rules?
If you would like to register for this event, please contact OSCPA at 800-255-1470, 503-641-7200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.