|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
This course has been updated for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. TCJA made a major change to the cannabis tax area. This course focus will be on recent cases and IRS administrative guidance; decreasing taxable income of legal marijuana growers, processors and retailers; methods for allocating deductions when a marijuana business and another business is operated by the same entity; and what costs may be capitalized by type of operation (i.e., grower vs. processor vs. retailer). We'll also discuss which types of entities work best for cannabis businesses.
CPAs and CPA aspirants in public practice and tax staff in private practice.
- Recognize recent developments
- Identify useful tax planning ideas
- What major impact did the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 have on the cannabis area?
- IRS CCA 201504011: Is the IRS correct and what expenditures are includible as cost of goods sold under this CCA?
- The 9th Circuit's Martin Olive decision
- Recent tax court cases
- Allocation of expenditures between two businesses (legal marijuana and other business operated by same entity)
- Business entity choices
If you would like to register for this event, please contact OSCPA at 800-255-1470, 503-641-7200, or email email@example.com.