|Full time Accounting Educator:||-164.00|
The above fees may not be reflective of the total event price. See below.
When people hear the term “Office 365,” they often assume it's simply the next version of Microsoft Office. Nothing could be further from the truth! A vast number of businesses are either considering the deployment of Office 365 or have already made the decision.
If you haven't yet heard about the unique features of Office 365, are undecided about making the switch, or simply want to learn more, plan to attend this one-day conference for an orientation and features overview.
2 Attendance Options:
- In-Person: Provides you with the flexibility to select from specific concurrent learning modules in either the A or B breakout sessions. Scroll to end of page to select your options and add this in-person event to your cart.
- Webcast: Choose this option for the ability to attend the general sessions and the A breakout sessions from your home or office. Click Here to register for the Webcast.
- Opening Session: Office 365 Orientation
- Closing Session: Office 365 Permissions and Security Fundamentals
Breakout Session 1:
Breakout Sessions: (select one from each breakout)
- A: OneDrive for Business Fundamentals
- B: Introduction to Data Analysis with Microsoft’s BI Tools
Breakout Session 2:
- A: SharePoint Fundamentals
- B: Microsoft Power BI – Get Started with the Right Data
Breakout Session 3:
- A: Leveraging the Power of Microsoft Teams
- B: Microsoft’s Power BI – Improved Data Analytics with DAX Measures
Breakout Session 4:
- A: Take Your Office on the Road with Online Mobile Apps
- B: Mastering OneNote
- Select one session from each of the four breakouts.
- Select your materials (paperless/electronic or hard copy).
- Click "Add to Cart."
- Log in to complete registration and go through the cart.
John is the co-founder of CPA Crossings, LLC, (est. 2001), which specializes in helping accounting, tax and financial professionals to leverage technology to increase the quality and efficiency of their services.
In 2007, John established CPA Crossings continuing professional education (CPE) service, which has grown to serve over 12,000 CPAs annually with a distribution network of over 40 professional associations. He has also built a network of over 50 nationally recognized speakers and course developers.
In 2017, John helped launch the company's "Office 365 Learning Center for CPAs" which offers a curriculum of over 50 unique courses covering every aspect of Office 365, including the business intelligence tools.
John delivers over 100 presentations annually on a wide range of accounting industry related technology topics. Some of the current popular topics include:
• Blockchain Technology
• Big Data and Data Analytics
• KPI Dashboards: The New Financial Reporting Model
• How to Build a Virtual Accounting Practice
• All topics related to Office 365
Some of John's key accomplishments include:
• AICPA Business & Industry CPA Hall of Fame inductee
• Top 25 Thought Leader award by the CPA Practice Advisor (2011 – 2017)
• Past Chair of the Michigan Association of CPAs
• Michigan Association of CPAs Innovative User of Technology award
• Former national technology consulting partner with BDO, LLP
• Nationally recognized speaker on CPA technology
• Co-author of 10 Steps to a Digital Practice in the Cloud, published by the AICPA
Bryan is the co-founder of CPA Crossings, LLC, (est. 2001), which specializes in helping accounting, tax and financial professionals to leverage technology to increase the quality and efficiency of their services.
Bryan’s primary qualification is his understanding of the business side of technology which allows him to help CPAs bridge the gap between business and technology. He has extensive knowledge and experience in proper Excel design techniques as well as helping CPAs build spreadsheets that are accurate and allow for better data analysis. As a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Bryan has spent a considerable amount of time auditing and validating thousands of Excel spreadsheets.
Bryan is responsible for CPA Crossings’ Data Analysis practice area, where he has developed various data analysis and Microsoft Power BI courses. He also provides coaching services to various organizations to train and coach staff on proper data analysis techniques and how to use Power BI to enhance data analysis within their organization.
Some of Bryan’s key accomplishments include:
• More than 30 years in the implementation of technology to automate business processes
• Nationally recognized speaker and author on technology issues affecting the CPA profession, with an emphasis on IT security, Excel spreadsheet design and Business Intelligence (BI)
• Master of Science in Information Assurance
• Member of the Information System Audit and Control Association
• Past Chair, Michigan Association of CPAs Information Technology Task Force
• Past Chair, Michigan Association of CPAs Leadership Task Force