|Full time Accounting Educator:||-292.00|
The above fees may not be reflective of the total event price. See below.
Click the image above to view the conference brochure!
This conference is filled with 16 hours of fast-paced presentations designed to maximize your time and enhance your learning. Nationally recognized speakers have extensive expertise in numerous software applications. They will share their knowledge with you in order to help you do your job with efficiency and ease. Participants will receive helpful tips and advanced techniques, along with the tools and skills necessary to keep up with the ever-increasing pace of changes in computer technology. All sessions feature high quality, full-color computer projection systems for clear viewing.
NOTE: Instructional delivery method: Group-live demo and discussion using color computer projection - NOT a hands-on course.
Two attendees will be winners of $100 Amazon Gift Cards. Drawing to be held at the end of the conference.
We appreciate the following businesses for sponsoring the 2018 OSCPA Technology Conference with K2 Enterprises:
Bennett / Porter & Associates Inc.
Busy accounting and financial professionals who want to improve their personal and organizational productivity.
Day One - May 24, 2018
General Session: Tech Update 2018
What to do? What to buy? What to watch for? What to avoid? Get your answers in Tech Update. Specific topics included in this session are: technology trends, recommended hardware specifications, applications and licensing, and security. This session provides concentrated exposure to technology that may reveal ideas, trends, and options that you had not discovered through your normal channels.
- Concurrent Sessions - Morning (A Block) (sessions are listed below - choose one from this block)
- A-1: CPA Firm Technologies
- A-2: Data Analysis with Power Pivot
- A-3: Security - A Practical Guid
- Concurrent Sessions - Afternoon (B Block) (sessions are listed below - choose one from this block)
- B-1: Evaluating Technology Controls
- B-2: Excel Financial Modeling Best Practices
- B-3: Personal Technologies
General Session: Office 365 - New Tools, New Tricks
As part of the ever-changing nature of Office 365, Microsoft has added several new tools - including Teams, Flow, Planner, Stream, and PowerApps - to the suite and has also added many new collaborative features to Excel, Word, and other existing applications. Join us for this productivity-enhancing session in which you will learn about the new opportunities in Office 365 and how to improve your productivity by taking advantage of them.
Day Two - May 25, 2018
General Session: Emerging Technologies
The next wave of technology is arriving now and you will need to choose from various technologies and tools to maintain and improve your productivity. Each emerging technology - among them Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, and Machine Learning - will be explained including why it is important and how it works. Additionally, actual products will be used as examples in each category to turn this discussion from a theoretical overview to a practical selection and how-to-cookbook.
- Concurrent Sessions - Morning (C Block) (sessions are listed below - choose one from this block)
- C-1: Client Accounting and the Outsourced CFO
- C-2: Extending the Power of Excel with Useful Add-ins
- C-3: The Best Kept Secrets of Windows 10
- Concurrent Sessions - Afternoon (D Block) (sessions are listed below - choose one from this block)
- D-1: Technology Decision Tree - Medium to Large Business Accounting
- D-2: Microsoft Power BI - Power Reporting for Free!
- D-3: Filtering the World - Spam, Virus, and Malware Protection
- Concurrent Sessions - Afternoon (E Block) (sessions are listed below - choose one from this block)
- E-1: Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
- E-2: What to Ask Your Technology Providers
- E-3: Ransomware - Reducing Your Risks
General Session: Tales of True Tech Crimes - Ripped from the Headlines
Security is a top concern for CPAs every year, yet many hacks result from organizations failing to implement effective information technology controls. In this session, you will learn about critical controls by using case studies from recent security incidents. This strategy helps you understand risks and appropriate responses. Learn how to reduce your risk associated with unauthorized access, theft of information, identity theft, data exfiltration, tax refund fraud, and more.