Your gateway to timely topics in professional learning
OSCPA is committed to your professional success. Check this space often for timely featured CPE in a variety of formats, as well as Society events.
Featured CPE and Topics:
Search 2021-22 Curriculum:
Oregon-Specific Ethics CoursesClick here
The Department of Labor (DOL) oversight and monitoring of audit quality has intensified and will continue for employee benefit plan (EBP) audits for the foreseeable future. EBP audits present a myriad of practice issues and risks that practitioners must address.
October 19, 2021
Bradley Burnett, J.D., LL.M.
Tax Courses with Bradley Burnett!
Brad's practice emphasis is on tax planning and tax controversy resolution. He also prepares a handful of tax returns. Prior to establishing his own law firm in 1990, he practiced tax accounting with national and local CPA firms, worked as a trust officer for a Denver bank and managed the tax department as partner in a medium-sized Denver law firm.
These built-from-scratch seminars deliver up-to-the-day changes in federal tax law, loss limitation rules, and many other relevant tax topics delivered at a brisk pace and with humor.
Northwest Federal Tax Conference™ (2 days) – October 25-26, 2021 / livestream webcast
IRS/Practitioners Forum – October 29, 2021 / livestream webcast
Financial & Retirement Planning Conference – November 12, 2021 / livestream webcast
2021 OSCPA Professional Issues Update (4 hours - morning) – December 2, 2021 / livestream webcast
State & Local Tax Conference – January 7, 2022 / Portland or livestream webcast
2021 Tax Advisors Update featuring Chris Hesse & John Werlhof – January 18, 2022 / Portland or livestream webcast
2021 Tax Advisors Update featuring Chris Hesse – January 19, 2022 / Eugene
Winter Governmental Auditing & Accounting – January 24, 2022 / Beaverton or livestream webcast
Not-for-Profit Knowledge Networks
InfoBites- designed for young professionals
Business & Industry Knowledge Networks
- Basis, At-Risk, Passive Activity Loss, §163(j), Excess Losses (§461(I)) and NOLs – Webcast – October 21, 2021
- 2021 Tax Update for C and S Corps, Partnerships and LLCs – Webcast – October 22, 2021
Find more Tax courses
Accounting & Auditing Playlist
- Construction Contractors: Accounting and Auditing – Webcast – October 13, 2021
- Common Yellow Book and Single Audit Deficiencies (4 hours – afternoon) – Webcast – October 15, 2021
- 2021 Current Practice Issues and Update for Audits of Employee Benefit Plans – Webcast – October 19, 2021
- Current and Upcoming FASB Issues (2 hours – morning) – NEW! – Webcast – October 26, 2021
- Current Audit Environment and ASB Activity (2 hours – late morning) – NEW! – Webcast – October 26, 2021
- Conducting a Remote Audit (4 hours – morning) – NEW! – Webcast – October 27, 2021
- You Have a SOC 1 Report – Now What? (4 hours – afternoon) – NEW! – Webcast – October 27, 2021
Find more Accounting & Auditing courses
Management & Consulting Playlist
- What is Disruption and How is it Impacting the Finance Function? (2 hours – morning) – NEW! – Webcast – September 30, 2021
Find more Business & Industry courses
CPExpress offers unlimited online access to 450+ quality courses developed by AICPA subject matter experts. Package good one year from purchase date.
Surgent's Unlimited Plus CPE Package includes complete access for a single user to all Surgent's self-study and webinar courses for 12 months.
- The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021: New Stimulus Coverage (2 hours)
- IRS Notice 2021-20: Changes to PPP Loan Forgiveness and the Employee Retention Tax Credit (2 hours)
- Oregon Ethics for CPAs (4 hours)
IMPORTANT! Effective January 1, 2020, the Oregon Board of Accountancy's (BOA's) ethics CPE renewal requirement for Oregon licensees was changed.
Effective July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive Oregon licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal. This means licensees renewing in 2021 and beyond will be affected by the Oregon-specific ethics rule change.
Oregon-specific ethics training must be accomplished by attending a BOA registered sponsor's professional conduct and ethics program. For additional details regarding the BOA's ethics CPE requirements refer to OAR 801-040-0010. The provisions of these new rules should be reviewed carefully for applicability to each professional's licensing requirement and compliance.
Make the most of your membership with a new member orientation. Quarterly orientations are virtual--connect, grow, and learn with OSCPA!
- September 22, 2021
- November 16, 2021
- January 25, 2022
- March 18, 2022
Discover more OSCPA events and tools
Browse upcoming OSCPA Events
The Member Activities & Events tab shows you opportunities to connect with peers, help new professionals learn more about the CPA profession, and get current information for events happening in your chapter.
When is your next OSCPA committee meeting?
Visit the Volunteer Meetings tab for the complete calendar.