The Taxation Strategic Committee is an active learning committee dedicated to monitoring the taxation landscape. Highlights of the committee's objectives and activities include:
- Monitoring emerging federal, state, and local tax issues
- Meeting with representatives of the Oregon Department of Revenue and Internal Revenue Service
- Building relationships with CPAs and representatives of tax authorities
- Advising Oregon legislators about changes to federal tax law
- Previewing and commenting on Oregon tax forms and pending regulations
- Assisting other CPAs with their questions
- Building and sharpening knowledge of important federal and state tax issues
- Communicating with the OSCPA members on tax issues of importance
Visit Volunteer Meetings for upcoming meetings.
OSCPA committee members meet to discuss programs, projects, events, etc. relating to the Taxation Strategic Committee. Meeting notices are emailed approximately two weeks prior to scheduled meetings.