OSCPA Group Health Program: Designed for CPAs
The OSCPA Group Health Trust is pleased to offer medical, dental, vision, and long term disability insurance programs for OSCPA Affiliate Firm Members.
A message from the Board of Trustees of the OSCPA Group Health Trust
We are delighted to announce lower rates and new options for our member firms. We encourage you to reach out to our benefits broker, The Partners Group, to see if our new plans are competitive and a good fit for your firm. The Partners Group can help compare your current plans to the plans offered through the OSCPA and answer any other questions you may have.
Please contact The Partners Group at 503-726-5755 or e-mail OSCPAHealthPlan@thepartnersgroup.com.
OSCPA Group Health Program for Affiliate Firm Members
Lower costs and a new medical carrier for 2021
The Board of Trustees for the OSCPA Group Health Trust is excited to announce more positive changes to our Medical, Dental and Vision plans. While overall healthcare costs continue to rise, we are pleased to share that Medical rates, on average, will be going down for the third straight year.
We will also be partnering with a new carrier for 2021. Providence Health Plans will be replacing PacificSource. This decision was made for a variety of reasons:
- Lower premiums and broader network options
- The ability to maintain current in-network access to Portland-area hospital systems
- Traditional four-tier rating model to simplify plan administration
- Customized pricing model for firms with 20+ employees
- Brand new group Medicare product at a very low cost
With lower rates and the above program enhancements, the OSCPA plan should be very competitively priced for firms of all sizes across the state. For those firms seeking a lower cost traditional PPO, we will also be adding a fifth plan option, which will be a higher deductible non-HSA plan. Finally, our Vision plan will also move to Providence, but access to the VSP network will continue.
2021 plan highlights
Medical/Rx – Providence Health Plans
- Three traditional PPO plans and two HSA plans (including one NEW PPO plan option!)
- Broad provider network plans across the entire state
- Continued in-network access to all Portland area hospitals except for Kaiser
- Narrow network plans in most counties with discounts ranging from 11-19%
- Four-tier composite rating (no age rates)
Dental – Delta Dental of Oregon
- Access to the largest dental insurance carrier in Oregon
- Three plans available, including one plan covering orthodontia
- Premium increase of 2.5% after major cost decrease in 2020
- Firms can elect Dental without offering Medical insurance
Vision – Providence Health Plans (moving away from VSP direct)
- Continued access to VSP through Providence, the largest vision network in the country
- One plan available, with exams and lenses covered every year
- Four-tier composite rating
- Rates are 20-36% lower compared to 2020
Long-Term Disability – Hartford
- 50% or 60% income replacement plans available
- Composite rating, regardless of employee age
- Substantially reduced rates vs. direct market
- Firms can elect Long-Term Disability without offering Medical, Dental or Vision
Again, we encourage you to reach out to The Partners Group to see if the new plans are a good fit for your firm.
Please call The Partners Group at 503-726-5755 or e-mail OSCPAHealthPlan@thepartnersgroup.com.